So you’ve met our team and think you’ve got what it takes to stand out at Monk (no wallflowers here!). We are go-getters, difference-makers, and action-oriented people who think and act outside the box. In pursuit of answering the eternal question “Why Monk?”, we are creative with our approach, time and ideas and obsessed with getting it right for the customer, every time. If you’d like to work for a tight-knit, community-minded, award-winning team, apply today.
Monk Office is an established and vibrant company growing from one shop in Victoria, opened in 1951, to 10 locations island wide as full service Office Outfitters™. Think Monk for anything an office needs from office products to technology to furniture and interior construction. As an EcoStar award winner, we realize our Core Values in everything we do – from Creating Amazing Customer Experiences to Making a Difference to our Team Members and our Communities. We share our successes with the team and invest in the sustainable prosperity of our community by supporting local businesses and organizations, island wide.
As an employer we offer:
- extended benefits
- training and advancement opportunities
- discounted bus pass
- Team Member pricing!
As a Monk Retail Team Member you will:
- Create Amazing Customer Experiences through a genuine passion for customer service
- Have a Thirst to Learn continuously through new products, training and bringing your ideas for customer improvements
- Exhibit Respect for the Team by acting with integrity and support meaningful customer and TM relationships
- Be a Difference Maker – proactive, responsive and flexible
- Be Open minded, seek to understand and action orientated
- Love our Planet by participating and contributing to our eco business practices within Monk and within our communities
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us how you’ve created an amazing customer experience! Thank you to all applicants.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and we look forward to speaking with you.
Office Furniture Installer
Monk Office is Vancouver Island’s Office Outfitter. Since we opened our doors over 50 years ago, we’ve been outfitting offices, both personal and professional and creating amazing customer experiences along the way. We are go-getters, difference-makers, and action-oriented people who think and act outside of the box. We’re willing to bet you didn’t know we’re a team of 130 strong and growing to best serve our purpose – improving productivity for island businesses. We’ve got work to do and we’re looking for the right people to help us get there.
- Create Amazing Customer Experiences through a genuine passion for customer service?
- Have experience assembling, moving and installing office furniture in a professional setting? Strong and willing body for lifting and maneuvering furniture?
- Act with integrity and support meaningful customer and team relationships?
- Seek to understand and follow through with action?
…. Then you’ll fit right in on the Monk team!
We are looking for a Furniture Installer, training can be provided if you’re the right fit for the job! Based in Victoria, this position travels around the lower island. Shifts are full-time hours, predominantly Monday – Friday during business hours. Please include your availability when applying.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and tell us how you’ve created an amazing customer experience – we look forward to speaking with you! Must be bondable with Driver’s License and a clean driver’s abstract.
Thank you to all applicants. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Monk Office has an exciting opportunities for a full-time Distribution Center (Warehouse) Team Member.
What you will do:
- Pick and pack orders (Picking)
- Ship orders (Shipping/Receiving)
- Work in a warehouse environment
- General warehouse duties
- Opportunities for relief delivery driving
What you will bring:
- Keen attention to detail
- A great – ‘do it right the first time’ attitude
- Responsibility and self-motivation
- A love for our planet
- Warehouse experience an asset
- Driver’s license with clean driver’s abstract preferred
- Availability Monday to Friday, overtime and weekend possibilities – 11:00am – 7:30pm; shift variability dependent on business needs
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us a customer experience story you are proud of.
Thank you to all applicants. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and we look forward to speaking with you.