Schedule: Part-time (15-30hrs) | Location(s): Port Hardy | Contract length: 6 months
The focus of this role is to greet and engage customers in a friendly and professional manner and to provide expert knowledge of Monk products and services enabling the customer to make informed shopping choices. Delivering an amazing customer experience is the ultimate goal.
Come work with an established and vibrant company with its roots on Vancouver Island and its vision in the workplace of the future! Monk Office is an award-winning Office Outfitter and committed to our community and the environment.
What you will bring:
- High school diploma
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey information in a concise and well-organized manner
- Adapts easily to change
- Takes the initiative, is a self-starter
- Is an excellent team player, working well with others
- Retail sales experience preferred, but not required
- Accurately and efficiently complete POS terminal transactions and back-office system (SEM)
- Receive product and replenishes shelves in relation to store needs in a quick and accurate manner
- Inventory Management – ex., Cycle counts, PM orders, price changes
- Maintain procedures for opening & closing of the retail store
- Achieve a high quality of product knowledge and seek opportunity to further the product knowledge by asking others, researching product and bringing information to the team.
- Participate in the merchandising of the retail store and understands the expected standards
- Consistently participate in the maintenance and housekeeping of the store to ensure an amazing experience and reports any issues that may impact the customer experience.
- Promote Monk Office services, including our promotions, our commercial business, copy centres and the Think Monk Savings loyalty program
- Consistently strive to deliver amazing customer experiences
- Demonstrate Monk Office Core Values as a work life guiding principle with customers and co-workers
- Show enthusiasm and a high interest for the job
- Consistently meet Monk Office standards for dress code
- Willingly accept feedback and takes prompt action on suggestions made by Store Leader and Team Members
- Work closely and cooperatively with the store Leader, and offers feedback and suggestions to support store goals
As a Monk Retail Team Member, you:
- Create Amazing Customer Experiences through a genuine passion for customer service
- Have a Thirst to Learn continuously through new product knowledge, training and bringing your ideas for customer improvements
- Respect for the Team by acting with integrity and supporting meaningful customer and Team Member relationships
- Make a Difference – be proactive, responsive and flexible
- Love our Planet by participating and contributing to our eco business practices within Monk and our communities
- Initiate action to prevent problems and contributing to problem solutions
- Contribute to our environmental sustainability by being conscious of energy use, water consumption, paper use and recycling programs. If there are any environmental concerns, individual staff members must report these concerns to their Leader and, where applicable, address the concern at the time they see it happen
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and tell us how you’ve created an amazing customer experience!
Thank you to all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.