Schedule: Full-time | Location: 3335 Oak St., Victoria
This is a direct selling function. The primary focus of the role will be to maintain and grow business through furniture sales to existing Monk Office customers, as well as through new to Monk Office customers. This will be achieved through an energetic, professional approach to providing solutions and services. The focus of the role is customer satisfaction and meeting and exceeding sales targets. The RFS is to be skilled at identifying larger opportunities that may require collaboration with Monk Commercial Sales Team. The goal is to demonstrate to customers and prospects, how the RFS can enhance their business with comprehensive furniture solutions.
To ensure adherence and implementation to the Monk Office brand position as it relates to customer service, product pricing and assortment. To effectively leverage all other Monk teams including Retail Stores, Marketing, E-commerce and the Customer Experience Team to ensure an extraordinary positive experience for our customers.
Come work with an established and vibrant company with its roots on Vancouver Island and its vision in the workplace of the future! Monk Office is an award-winning Office Outfitter and committed to our community and the environment.
he Monk Office Difference:
- Competitive salary & benefits package. Take good care of yourself!
- Environmentally conscious business practices. Feel good about where you work!
- Discounted bus passes. Spend less on your commute!
- Discount pricing on purchases at both Monk Office and Island Blue Art & Framing! From pens, to art supplies to furniture – we’ve got you!
- Free back-to-school supplies for children of employees. Take some of the stress off every year and focus on the excitement!
- Career development opportunities. We want you to grow with us!
- Company events and an active social committee. Work can be fun!
- Volunteer time-off during work hours. Do something good, on us!
- Cash Employee Referral Program. Get rewarded when you refer a successful candidate!
- Friendly & fun atmosphere with a team that respects our community & environment.
What you will bring:
- High school graduation (or equivalent)
- In-depth knowledge of product offerings
- Business development
- Consistent sales performance to target
- Passion for full cycle customer service
- Keen eye for detail
- Ability to solve customer needs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient and comfortable with office technology including the digital, mobile, Microsoft Office, CRM, and “office everything”
- 5-7 years sales, account management or customer service experience
- 3-5 years furniture sales experience
What you will do:
- Product knowledge and sale of Furniture and other products and services as available and approved by Monk Office – initiate and attend all Product Knowledge sessions
- Customer satisfaction via extraordinary and responsive service, competitive pricing/value and in providing solutions to needs and wants
- Achieve revenue budgets/targets
- Monitor and report sales and profitability results monthly, or as required
- Collaborate with Stores and Commercial Sales Team to deliver the best solution for the customer, and identify opportunities to expand Monk Office’s “Share of Office”
- Comprehensive completion of sales function to support Furniture Operations and ensure the successful installation and continued effective use of all Monk products and services
- Continually upgrade the knowledge and application of all products, services and programs of Monk for which responsibility has been assigned
- Actively look for ways and implement activities to enhance your customer’s business
- Build and maintain a customer prospect list via attending networking events, collaboration with stagers, developers, and designers.
- Host events within the Furniture showroom to elevate awareness
- Provide retail network support as it relates to product suggestions, quotes and order entry
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of all approved sales reporting and support systems
- Inform management immediately of any unsatisfactory situations that exist within furniture projects and take steps to rectify
- Liase with Retail Director to communicate furniture line up recommendations
- Ensure the Furniture showroom is merchandised to standards, effectively marketed and signed, clean and organized including personal workspaces.
- Adhere to all applicable company policies and procedures
- Dress and conduct oneself in a professional and respectful manner
- Attend and participate in company committees and meetings, including training programs, sales seminars, product knowledge and trade shows
- Support all marketing and sales initiatives including product launches and sales contests
- Full time 40-hour position
Additional key performance indicators:
- Conversion rate
- Customer satisfaction
- New and profitable revenue
As a Monk Team Member, you will:
- Create Amazing Customer Experiences through a genuine passion for customer service
- Have a Thirst to Learn continuously through new product knowledge, training and bringing your ideas for customer improvements
- Respect for the Team by acting with integrity and supporting meaningful customer and Team Member relationships
- Make a Difference – be proactive, responsive and flexible
- Love our Planet by participating and contributing to our eco business practices within Monk and our communities
- Initiate action to prevent problems and contributing to problem solutions
- Contribute to our environmental sustainability by being conscious of energy use, water consumption, paper use and recycling programs. If there are any environmental concerns, individual staff members must report these concerns to their Leader and, where applicable, address the concern at the time they see it happen
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.