Schedule: Part or Full-time | Location: Victoria (800 Viewfield Rd.) | 25 – 40 hours/week | 6 month contract
Monk Office is looking for a new Team Member in a six-month contract capacity. The primary focus of this role is to reduce our Account Receivable monies owing by way of making collection calls and accurately reconciling payments. Additionally, this role will be responsible for supporting our AR and AP positions by way of administrative/clerical support; filing, posting, etc. Success in the role will be measured by timely financial reporting, an identified reduction in our 30/60/90-day collections file, and accurate organization. This role is pivotal to the success of the Finance department and as such works closely with all Finance Team Members.
The Monk Office Difference:
- Competitive salary & benefits package. Benefits include: medicine, vision and dental care, counselling, massage and more!
- Environmentally conscious business practices. Feel good about where you work!
- Discounted bus passes. Spend less on your commute!
- Discount pricing on purchases at both Monk Office and Island Blue Art & Framing! From pens, to art supplies to furniture – we’ve got you!
- $25 credit for back-to-school supplies for children of employees. Take some of the stress off every year and focus on the excitement!
- Career development opportunities. We want you to grow with us!
- Company events and an active social committee. Work can be fun!
- Volunteer time-off during work hours. Do something good, on us!
- Cash Employee Referral Program. Get rewarded when you refer a successful candidate!
- Friendly & fun atmosphere with a team that respects our community & environment.
What you will bring:
- Tech savvy with advanced Microsoft Excel skills (V-lookup, pivot tables, etc.)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of attention to detail, forward thinking and success
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgement
- Minimum 3 years of experience within an Accounting or Finance Department
What you will do:
- General ledger entries and reconciliations
- Accurate completion and delivery of financial information on a timely basis
- Identify and implement opportunities for improvement
- Communicate with the Monk Office team on accounting processing requirements, financial inquiries, and internal control requirements
- Assist with the preparation of year-end accounting
- Duties and projects as required by Accounting, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable or Sales
- Embrace and practice the Monk Office ECO initiatives and programs
- Adhere to all applicable company policies and procedures
- Dress and conduct oneself in a professional and respectful manner
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Thank you to all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.