Schedule: Full-time | Location: Victoria (800 Viewfield Rd.) | Salary: $55-60k/yr
The Executive Assistant to the CEO plays a pivotal role in providing comprehensive administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Monk Office. This position serves as a trusted partner and liaison, effectively managing the CEO’s daily operations, optimizing productivity, facilitating seamless communication across all levels of the company, and promoting company culture through various program channels. The primary purpose of the Executive Assistant is to ensure the CEO’s time is efficiently allocated, enabling them to focus on strategic priorities and critical decision-making.
Come work with an established and vibrant company with its roots on Vancouver Island and its vision in the workplace of the future! Monk Office is an award-winning Office Outfitter and committed to our community and the environment.
The Monk Office Difference:
- Competitive salary & benefits package. Benefits include: medicine, vision and dental care, counselling, massage and more!
- Environmentally conscious business practices. Feel good about where you work!
- Discounted bus passes. Spend less on your commute!
- Discount pricing on purchases at both Monk Office and Island Blue Art & Framing! From pens, to art supplies to furniture – we’ve got you!
- $25 credit for back-to-school supplies for children of employees. Take some of the stress off every year and focus on the excitement!
- Career development opportunities. We want you to grow with us!
- Company events and an active social committee. Work can be fun!
- Volunteer time-off during work hours. Do something good, on us!
- Cash Employee Referral Program. Get rewarded when you refer a successful candidate!
- Friendly & fun atmosphere with a team that respects our community & environment.
What you will bring:
- Secondary school education, with completion of a post-secondary program preferred.
- Demonstration of exceptional communication skills – written and verbal
- Professionalism and maturity; entrusted with highly confidential information/material
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including: Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, Visio
- Ability to develop procedures and systems
- Keen attention to detail and deadlines
- Organization and prioritization skills are key
- Minimum two to three years’ experience as an Executive Assistant
- Standard operating procedures and best practice experience are an asset.
- HR experience is an asset.
What you will do:
Support to the President and CEO
- Maintains CEO inbox, calendar and schedules appointments including recurring CEO functions.
- Communication with internal and external contacts as required.
- Preparation of documentation for reports, spreadsheets, presentations for various levels of the Company.
- Coordinates meetings as required including scheduling attendees, preparing, and circulating agendas, taking, and distributing minutes, arranging catering, travel, and accommodations if necessary.
- Prepares orientation schedule, arranges work area including coordinating computer set-up, email, phone, keys etc for new hires by the CEO.
- Schedules and assists in planning Company-wide Team Meetings and Strategic Planning Sessions.
- Project management and progress tracking when required.
- Office management tasks as needed by CEO.
- Research on topics as requested by CEO and determine upcoming changes to employment standards etc.
- Contributes to the response of business RFP’s/Tenders as part of a Team – providing content, compiling the complete package ready for submission ensuring that all requirements are included in the response and that the submission is delivered before the deadline.
- Under the direction of the CEO, administers the Corporate Social Responsibility Program including:
- Environmental sustainability – evaluating our impacts on the environment and promoting continuous improvement. Leads the Eco-Team.
- Community support and leadership – evaluating and processing donation and sponsorship requests.
- Social value – promoting employee wellness, the Monk Code of Conduct and ensuring equality and diversity in hiring practices within the organization.
- Administers the Team Member Tenure Award Program.
- Human Resources administration:
- Main point of contact with Payworks for payroll administration.
- Liaise with business leaders, Team Members and external entities for HR matters.
- File, compile and distribute reports.
- Oversee the verification of our new Team Member kit which includes training and orientation materials for all new Team Members.
- Development and preparation of key HR reporting, such as Team Member turnover, sick day tracking and scheduling of performance reviews.
- Keeping the payroll manual up to date.
- Secretary for the Joint Health & Safety Committee.
- Assists with recruitment as required; duties may include creating Position Descriptions and position vacancy ads, posting ads, performing telephone interviews.
- Assists the CEO in preparing submissions for business, community, and environmental award competitions on behalf of the Company.
- Assists with event planning as required.
- Team Member uniform inventory tracking and ordering.
- Office newsletter creation including content generation and execution.
- Administers the Government Security Clearance program.
- Updates the Monk Organizational Chart, the Team Member Handbook and various information lists as required.
- Administers the Customer and Team Member Survey Program.
- Coordination, implementation, and follow-up of special projects as required.
Send your resume and cover letter with your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.