Schedule: Full-time | Location: 138 Craig St. Duncan
Monk Office, a family owned, Vancouver Island operated 72-year-old company, is seeking a new Store Leader to join our dynamic Retail Team. We truly recognize the value of our people. We reward you with a competitive compensation, recognition for your achievements, opportunities for ongoing training to grow professionally and personally, amazing Team Member perks and much, much more.
Do you have the natural drive to lead a team and create excitement about sales? If so, Monk Office might just be what you are looking for!
What you must bring:
- Minimum 3 years of progressive management experience in retail or service environments
- Flexibility to work all Store Operating hours
What’s in store for you?
- Take time for yourself – no evening shifts and never work on a Sunday
- Excellent benefits package for part-time (20hrs+) and full-time Team Members! We’ve got you covered:
- Counselling (RCC or Psychology)
- Massage, physiotherapy, naturopath and more!
- Discount pricing on purchases at both Monk Office and Island Blue Art & Framing! From pens, to art supplies to furniture – love what you sell!
- Environmentally conscious and community focused business practices.
- Feel good about where you work! Our Eco Team works hard to reduce our resource consumption. We have diverted 99% of our waste away from landfills!
- Discounted bus passes. Spend less on your commute!
- We love to help good people grow! Here are some career development opportunities at Monk’s head office:
- Sales Representative
- Furniture layout design
- Marketing coordinator
- Accounting & finance
- Customer Support
- $25 annual credit for back-to-school supplies for children of employees. Take some of the stress off every year and focus on the excitement!
- Company events and an active social committee. From picnics to themed group competitions, you’ll be in good company!
- Volunteer time-off during work hours. Do something good, on us!
- Cash Employee Referral Get rewarded when you refer a successful candidate!
- Friendly & fun atmosphere with a team that respects our community & environment.
In this role, duties include but are not limited to:
- Using sales to drive and achieve profit goals
- Providing customer obsessed service and sales through leadership by example, training, coaching, managing and scheduling a team
- Selecting quality Team Members by effectively recruiting, interviewing and hiring
- Training and developing Team Members to become productive and promotable internal candidates by:
- Orientating, training, coaching, motivating, counseling, disciplining, and providing written performance reviews
- Participating and assisting in leading meetings
- Providing and participating in opportunities for self-development
- Controlling inventory and executing on placing orders, receiving and cycle counts
- Promoting Monk Office Special Services & Loyalty programs
As a Monk Retail Team Member, you will:
- Create Amazing Customer Experiences through a genuine passion for customer service
- Have a Thirst to Learn continuously through new product knowledge, training and bringing your ideas for customer improvements
- Respect for the Team by acting with integrity and supporting meaningful customer and Team Member relationships
- Make a Difference – be proactive, responsive and flexible
- Love our Planet by participating and contributing to our eco business practices within Monk and our communities
- Initiate action to prevent problems and contributing to problem solutions
- Contribute to our environmental sustainability by being conscious of energy use, water consumption, paper use and recycling programs. If there are any environmental concerns, individual staff members must report these concerns to their Leader and, where applicable, address the concern at the time they see it happen.
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us how you’ve created an amazing customer experience!
Thank you to all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.