Schedule: Full and Part-time | Location(s): Victoria: 3335 Oak St./1200 Broad St. (FT) & Duncan: 138 Craig St. (PT)
Does a new pen or marker get your ink flowing?
Does a fresh notebook or canvas bring you joy?
The focus of this role is to greet and engage customers in a friendly and professional manner and to provide expert knowledge of Monk and Island Blue products and services enabling the customer to make informed shopping choices.
Come work with an established and vibrant company with its roots on Vancouver Island. Monk Office is an award-winning Office Outfitter and committed to our community and the environment.
What’s in store for you?
- Take time for yourself – no evening shifts and never work on a Sunday
- Excellent benefits package for part-time (20hrs+) and full-time Team Members! We’ve got you covered:
- Counselling (RCC or Psychology)
- Massage, physiotherapy, naturopath and more!
- Discount pricing on purchases at both Monk Office and Island Blue Art & Framing! From pens, to art supplies to furniture – love what you sell!
- Environmentally conscious business practices.
- Feel good about where you work! Our Eco Team works hard to reduce our resource consumption. We have diverted 99% of our waste away from landfills!
- Discounted bus passes. Spend less on your commute!
- We love to help good people grow! Here are some career development opportunities at Monk’s head office:
- Sales Representative
- Furniture layout design
- Marketing coordinator
- Accounting & finance
- Customer Support
- Free back-to-school supplies for children of employees. Take some of the stress off every year and focus on the excitement!
- Company events and an active social committee. From picnics to themed group competitions, you’ll be in good company!
- Volunteer time-off during work hours. Do something good, on us!
- Cash Employee Referral Get rewarded when you refer a successful candidate!
- Friendly & fun atmosphere with a team that respects our community & environment.
As a Monk Retail Team Member, you:
- Create Amazing Customer Experiences through a genuine passion for customer service
- Have a Thirst to Learn continuously through new product knowledge, training and bringing your ideas for customer improvements
- Respect for the Team by acting with integrity and supporting meaningful customer and Team Member relationships
- Make a Difference – be proactive, responsive and flexible
- Love our Planet by participating and contributing to our eco business practices within Monk and our communities
- Initiate action to prevent problems and contributing to problem solutions
- Contribute to our environmental sustainability by being conscious of energy use, water consumption, paper use and recycling programs. If there are any environmental concerns, individual staff members must report these concerns to their Leader and, where applicable, address the concern at the time they see it happen
Send your resume email@example.com
Thank you to all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.