Schedule: Full-time | Location: Victoria (800 Viewfield Rd.) | Salary based on experience: $65k -$75k
This position is dedicated to maintaining and creating efficiencies in the Distribution Centre by using and developing processes and procedures that encourage productivity and timely deliveries of product. This success of this role is based on Key Performance Indictors and introducing improvements to provide exceptional customer experience for both internal and external customers.
Come work with an established and vibrant company with its roots on Vancouver Island and its vision in the workplace of the future! Monk Office is an award-winning Office Outfitter and committed to our community and the environment.
Monk Office provides:
- Competitive salary & benefits package
- Discounted bus passes
- Discounted pricing on staff purchases
- Free back to school supplies for children of employees
- Career development opportunities
- Free flu vaccinations
- Cash Employee Referral Program
- Friendly & fun atmosphere with a team that respects our community & environment
What you bring:
- High School graduation (or equivalent)
- Warehousing courses, training, certification or experience
- Post-Secondary education in related field is an asset.
- Proven track record of warehouse experience including leadership and team-building
- Eye for details and organization in complex and changing environments
- Ability to analyze, document and solve internal and external customer needs
- Demonstrates exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
- Thrive on changing priorities and a fast-paced and changing environment managing multiple requests while maintaining a positive “can-do” attitude
- Enjoys working collaboratively as part of and leading a team providing timely communication with peers, Senior Leadership Team and third parties
- Have a passion for everything office and art: stationery, technology, art supplies and interiors
- Curious and inquisitive nature, seeks to understand to provide outstanding customer service with an interest in Lifelong Learning
- Facilitate projects and duties to support sales functions, customer service and delivery service that provide profitability to the company
- Demonstrates commitment and reliability to the company and fellow Team Members
- Computer skills: Intermediate to excellent Microsoft Office skills and ability to learn new software
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a warehouse environment
- 3 – 5 years’ experience and comfort with providing leadership: managing, coaching, motivating and developing Team Members
What you will do:
- Manage and lead a team of delivery and distribution Team Members to quickly and efficiently deliver an excellent customer experience.
- Provide mentorship, training and motivation for all Distribution and Delivery Team Members in the areas of product knowledge, processes/procedures as well as personal, career and interpersonal skills development.
- Encourage and engage Team Members in participating in daily communication and team meetings by provide feedback on opportunities and challenges.
- Become a product and Distribution Centre expert by shadowing Team Members in each area to understand roles and responsibilities. Apply this information to train, identify, analyze and document any areas that require remediation.
- Hold Team Members accountable through use of performance reviews and goal setting.
- Understand and embrace the Monk Office Eco Initiatives and provide guidance to Team Members on how and why we promote the reduction and proper management of resource waste.
Distribution Centre Management:
- Set achievable goals for the Distribution Centre and drivers using best practices and track quality/quality improvement plans using Key Performance Indicators.
- Create and understand preferred communication methods to effectively interact with internal and external customers.
- Manage accuracy and eliminate errors for Order Picking by maintaining and improving processes and by using problem solving skills to resolve issues thereby exceeding expectations for both internal and external parties.
- Track and manage Team Member coverage for vacations, sick days and for peak operational times.
- Responsible for hiring, discipline, performance reviews and management of Distribution Centre Team Members and drivers.
- Manage the supply of physical tools and knowledge required by Team Members to perform their job properly without incident to provide reliable and consistent quality results.
- Understand and apply all company policies and procedures to ensure consistent output and understanding between divisions.
- Be proactive in all internal and external communication with Team Members and customers to provide excellent customer service and leadership.
- Communicate effectively with all divisions within Monk and Island Blue in a timely manner.
- Dress and conduct oneself in a professional and respectful manner in all interactions. Set an example for Team Members for professionalism.
- Participate in company meetings, performance reviews, committees and training programs such as product knowledge, leadership and self/team improvements.
- Ensure all heavy machinery such as forklifts are on scheduled maintenance plan and safe for use.
- Coordinate with Sales Team Leader to develop new services and processes to help improve their sales. Obtain feedback from Sales Reps to solve any problems encountered by customers.
- Be proactive and initiate actions to prevent problems and manage problems effectively while remaining calm and providing guidance.
As a Monk Team Member, you will:
- Create Amazing Customer Experiences through a genuine passion for customer service
- Have a Thirst to Learn continuously through new product knowledge, training and bringing your ideas for customer improvements
- Respect for the Team by acting with integrity and supporting meaningful customer and Team Member relationships
- Make a Difference – be proactive, responsive, and flexible
- Love our Planet by participating and contributing to our eco business practices within Monk and our communities
- Initiate action to prevent problems and contributing to problem solutions
- Contribute to our environmental sustainability by being conscious of energy use, water consumption, paper use and recycling programs. If there are any environmental concerns, individual staff members must report these concerns to their Leader and, where applicable, address the concern at the time they see it happen.
Send your resume and cover letter attention to Caitlin McKenzie at email@example.com
Thank you to all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.