Schedule: Part-time | Location: 3335 Oak St. | $20/hr
Are you looking to gain work experience with a reputable Vancouver Island Company? Do you want to earn some money while earning your degree? Is Business-to-Business Sales and Marketing interesting to you? Can you spare 3 hours/day to make some extra cash?
The primary focus of the part-time Business Development Representative is to help develop and execute strategies to grow Monk Office’s office product, technology, and furniture sales in both prospective clients, as well as, in existing Monk Office customers. The successful candidate will engage in sales activities that will support Monk Office in attaining sales targets through an energetic, professional approach to providing solutions and services. They will work closely with our Sales Leadership and Sales Team throughout the qualifying stages of sales cycles and determine which products or solutions will best serve the client. This candidate will learn key selling techniques and how the techniques and strategies differ for each of our product lines. They will learn to handle objections, negotiation techniques, how to define buying criteria and behaviour, and write critical sales documents – proposals, value propositions, sales scripts, and email templates. They will demonstrate to prospects and customers, how we can enhance their business through the full spectrum of Monk Office’s products and services.
We offer a safe, comfortable, and friendly work environment. It is an environment that is built around hard work, teamwork, support, and respect for one another. Come work with an established and vibrant company with its roots on Vancouver Island and its vision in the workplace of the future! Monk Office is an award-winning Office Outfitter and committed to our community and the environment.
What you will do:
- Learn, define, and execute strategies to attain sales budgets and targets
- Learning and executing professional prospecting techniques
- Maintain amazing customer experiences through extraordinary and responsive service, competitive pricing/value and providing solutions
- Identify new business and develop strong customer relationships
- Accurate monitoring and reporting sales and profitability results monthly, or as required
- Collaborate with other Territory Representatives and Specialists, Operations and the Customer Experience Team to deliver the best possible solution for the customer
- Continually upgrading product knowledge and application of all products, services and programs offered by Monk Office
- Identify opportunities to expand Monk Office’s “Share of Office” by offering new products and services to customers
- Maintain up to date customer contact records within the approved CRM and other sales systems. This will include but may not be limited to sales contact information, name, title, phone number, email address, call frequency, nature of business, and number of office employees and potential products and services needs
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of all approved sales reporting
- Use provided tools and systems to place orders and perform inquiries as necessary
- Dress and conduct oneself in a professional and respectful manner
- Attend and participate in company committees and meetings, including training programs, sales seminars, product knowledge and trade shows
- Support all marketing and sales initiatives including product launches and sales contests
As a Monk Team Member, you will:
- Create Amazing Customer Experiences through a genuine passion for customer service
- Have a Thirst to Learn continuously through new product knowledge, training and bringing your ideas for customer improvements
- Respect for the Team by acting with integrity and supporting meaningful customer and Team Member relationships
- Make a Difference – be proactive, responsive and flexible
- Love our Planet by participating and contributing to our eco business practices within Monk and our communities
- Initiate action to prevent problems and contributing to problem solutions
- Contribute to our environmental sustainability by being conscious of energy use, water consumption, paper use and recycling programs. If there are any environmental concerns, individual staff members must report these concerns to their Leader and, where applicable, address the concern at the time they see it happen
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Thank you to all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.