Schedule: Full-time | Location: Victoria (800 Viewfield Rd.)
The Director of Finance position is a senior leadership role and is accountable for the administrative, financial and risk management operations of the company, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
Come work with an established and vibrant company with its roots on Vancouver Island and its vision in the workplace of the future! Monk Office is an award-winning Office Outfitter and committed to our community and the environment.
The Monk Office Difference:
- Competitive salary & benefits package. Take good care of yourself!
- Environmentally conscious business practices. Feel good about where you work!
- Discounted bus passes. Spend less on your commute!
- Discount pricing on purchases at both Monk Office and Island Blue Art & Framing! From pens, to art supplies to furniture – we’ve got you!
- Free back-to-school supplies for children of employees. Take some of the stress off every year and focus on the excitement!
- Career development opportunities. We want you to grow with us!
- Company events and an active social committee. Work can be fun!
- Volunteer time-off during work hours. Do something good, on us!
- Cash Employee Referral Program. Get rewarded when you refer a successful candidate!
- Friendly & fun atmosphere with a team that respects our community & environment.
What you will bring:
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration, preferably with an accredited designation
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgement
- Excellent leadership skills and team engagement abilities with a proven track record of success
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience
- Should have experience working with an executive team and have a high level of written and oral communication skills
What you will do:
- Provide leadership and direction to all Finance team members (Accounting Coordinator, Payroll, AP and AR)
- Finalize monthly financial results, with analysis
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations not limited to but including bank reconciliations and infoPOS clearing
- GST and PST monthly remittances, EHT remittance on a quarterly basis and ensure WorkSafe BC remittances are complete and paid on a quarterly basis
- Preparation of year end accounting and oversee annual review engagement audit
- Preparation of monthly reporting to financial institutions
- Daily, monthly and annual cash flow planning
- Prime point of contact for contracts, and insurance including outsourced IT contract, all aspects of insurance, cell phone contracts, bank account manager, employee benefit plan management
- Manage, Coordinate, and compile the annual budget process
- Assist in formulating the company’s future direction and supporting initiatives
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
- Develop performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction
- Oversee the accurate completion and delivery of financial information on a timely basis
- Report financial results to the senior leadership team and advisory committee in a clear and precise manner
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the senior leadership team
- Implement financial operational strategies by evaluating trends; establish critical measurements; resolving problems and implementing change
- Identify opportunities for improvement, cost reduction and systems enhancement
- Identify financial risks using a dashboard of indicators to report on projects, bringing a strategic approach to allow for proper decision making
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Build and maintain strong relationships with current and prospective vendors, contractors and customers.
- Support and lead Finance Team Members.
As a Monk Team Member, you will:
- Create Amazing Customer Experiences through a genuine passion for customer service
- Have a Thirst to Learn continuously through new product knowledge, training and bringing your ideas for customer improvements
- Respect for the Team by acting with integrity and supporting meaningful customer and Team Member relationships
- Make a Difference – be proactive, responsive and flexible
- Love our Planet by participating and contributing to our eco business practices within Monk and our communities
- Initiate action to prevent problems and contributing to problem solutions
- Contribute to our environmental sustainability by being conscious of energy use, water consumption, paper use and recycling programs. If there are any environmental concerns, individual staff members must report these concerns to their Leader and, where applicable, address the concern at the time they see it happen.
Send your resume and cover letter with your salary expectations to email@example.com
Thank you to all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.