Schedule: Full-time | Location: Victoria (South-Island only) | Starting at: $19/hr
Monk Office is a local family-owned company that has been outfitting both personal and professional offices for the last 70 years. We have a unique opportunity for the right person in our Furniture division.
Come work with an established and vibrant company with its roots on Vancouver Island and its vision in the workplace of the future! Monk Office is an award-winning Office Outfitter and committed to our community and the environment.
The Monk Office Difference:
- Competitive salary & benefits package. Take good care of yourself!
- Environmentally conscious business practices. Feel good about where you work!
- Discounted bus passes. Spend less on your commute!
- Discount pricing on purchases at both Monk Office and Island Blue Art & Framing! From pens, to art supplies to furniture – we’ve got you!
- Free back-to-school supplies for children of employees. Take some of the stress off every year and focus on the excitement!
- Career development opportunities. We want you to grow with us!
- Company events and an active social committee. Work can be fun!
- Volunteer time-off during work hours. Do something good, on us!
- Cash Employee Referral Program. Get rewarded when you refer a successful candidate!
- Friendly & fun atmosphere with a team that respects our community & environment.
- Have experience assembling, moving, and installing office furniture in a professional setting?
- Have a strong and willing body for lifting and maneuvering furniture?
- Have strong problem-solving skills and the ability to exercise sound judgement?
- Have a strong work ethic and the ability to communicate with customers in a professional manner?
As a Monk Team Member, you will:
- Create Amazing Customer Experiences through a genuine passion for customer service
- Have a Thirst to Learn continuously through new product knowledge, training and bringing your ideas for customer improvements
- Respect for the Team by acting with integrity and supporting meaningful customer and Team Member relationships
- Make a Difference – be proactive, responsive and flexible
- Love our Planet by participating and contributing to our eco business practices within Monk and our communities
- Initiate action to prevent problems and contributing to problem solutions
- Contribute to our environmental sustainability by being conscious of energy use, water consumption, paper use and recycling programs. If there are any environmental concerns, individual staff members must report these concerns to their Leader and, where applicable, address the concern at the time they see it happen
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.