Schedule: Full-time | Location: 800 Viewfield Rd. | $20/hr
If you’re a people person who is energized by fast-paced work and solving challenges while also learning valuable skills, we would love to train you for our awesome Customer Experience Team! Comfort with using digital and telephone communication is key in this role.
Come work with an established and vibrant company with its roots on Vancouver Island. Monk Office was named Business of the Year in 2022 by the Victoria Chamber of Commerce and is committed to our community and the environment.
The Monk Office Difference:
- Competitive salary & benefits package. Benefits include: medicine, vision and dental care, counselling, massage, physiotherapy, chiropractor, dietician and more!
- Environmentally conscious business practices. Feel good about where you work!
- Discounted bus passes. Spend less on your commute!
- Excellent discount pricing on purchases at both Monk Office and Island Blue Art & Framing! From pens, to art supplies to furniture – we’ve got you!
- Free back-to-school supplies for children and grandchildren of employees. Take some of the stress off every year and focus on the excitement!
- Career development opportunities. We want you to grow with us!
- Company events and an active social committee. Work can be fun!
- Volunteer time-off during work hours. Do something good, on us!
- Cash Employee Referral Program. Get rewarded when you refer a successful candidate!
- Friendly & fun atmosphere with a team that respects our community & environment.
What you will bring:
- Professional and pleasant demeanor
- An eye for detail and accuracy – follow-up and follow-through are important to you
- A “yes I can” attitude
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable with multi-tasking and handling a high number of calls
- Curious and inquisitive nature – seek to find the best service for customers
- Experience with or willingness to learn Sage software
- 1+ years’ experience in customer service or similar role such as sales, logistics, call centre and/or data entry
- Strong computer skills
- Respond to incoming calls, emails and online chats to help customers find the products and solutions they need to be productive
- Develop good working knowledge of our product offerings to bring about amazing customer experiences
- Respond to customers timely and process orders, returns, service calls accurately
- Manage multiple customer requests simultaneously
- Work on projects, reporting and teams to assist all areas of the business
- Support sales – retail, commercial office products, technology, and office walk-in customers
- Create a positive and lasting impression on our customers
As a Monk Retail Team Member, you:
- Create Amazing Customer Experiences through a genuine passion for customer service
- Have a Thirst to Learn continuously through new product knowledge, training and bringing your ideas for customer improvements
- Respect for the Team by acting with integrity and supporting meaningful customer and Team Member relationships
- Make a Difference – be proactive, responsive and flexible
- Love our Planet by participating and contributing to our eco business practices within Monk and our communities
- Initiate action to prevent problems and contributing to problem solutions
- Contribute to our environmental sustainability by being conscious of energy use, water consumption, paper use and recycling programs. If there are any environmental concerns, individual staff members must report these concerns to their Leader and, where applicable, address the concern at the time they see it happen
Send your resume email@example.com
Thank you to all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.