Schedule: Full-time | Location: Victoria (800 Viewfield Rd.) | Salary: $40-45k/yr
The primary focus of this role is to maximize customer service as it relates to accounts receivable. Responsible for all aspects of collection on customer accounts, posting cash receipts, producing statements and related customer reports and handling A/R queries from customers and staff. In addition, responsible for customer account maintenance, setting up new accounts both internally and online and releasing orders which are on hold for credit reasons. AR works closely with all team members to provide excellent customer service.
The Monk Office Difference:
- Competitive salary & benefits package. Benefits include: medicine, vision and dental care, counselling, massage and more!
- Environmentally conscious business practices. Feel good about where you work!
- Discounted bus passes. Spend less on your commute!
- Discount pricing on purchases at both Monk Office and Island Blue Art & Framing! From pens, to art supplies to furniture – we’ve got you!
- Free back-to-school supplies for children of employees. Take some of the stress off every year and focus on the excitement!
- Career development opportunities. We want you to grow with us!
- Company events and an active social committee. Work can be fun!
- Volunteer time-off during work hours. Do something good, on us!
- Cash Employee Referral Program. Get rewarded when you refer a successful candidate!
- Friendly & fun atmosphere with a team that respects our community & environment.
What you will bring:
- High school diploma required, college / university / continuing education courses in accounting preferred, but an equivalent in experience will be considered
- Tech savvy with intermediate Microsoft Excel skills (comfortable working with formulas)
- High level of written and oral communication skills
- Proven track record of attention to detail, forward thinking and success
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgement
- Preference given to candidates with direct experience in an accounts receivable role, but willing to train the right candidate
What you will do:
- Calling customers, dealing with credit queries, posting and reconciling cash receipts and generally ensuring all A/R accounts are paid and accurate
- Handling and dealing with customer enquiries
- Includes credit authorizations, releasing credit holds
The Accounts Receivable Coordinator is responsible, with authority for:
- Initiating action to prevent problems
- Documenting quality problems
- Contributing to problem solutions
- Verifying implementation of solutions
- Controlling further processing when a problem is identified
- Setting credit limits and initiating holds where necessary
Monk Team Member’s:
- Create Amazing Customer Experiences through a genuine passion for customer service
- Have a Thirst to Learn continuously through new product knowledge, training and bringing your ideas for customer improvements
- Respect for the Team by acting with integrity and supporting meaningful customer and Team Member relationships
- Make a Difference – be proactive, responsive and flexible
- Love our Planet by participating and contributing to our eco business practices within Monk and our communities
- Initiate action to prevent problems and contributing to problem solutions
- Contribute to our environmental sustainability by being conscious of energy use, water consumption, paper use and recycling programs. If there are any environmental concerns, individual staff members must report these concerns to their Leader and, where applicable, address the concern at the time they see it happen
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.