Schedule: Full-time | Location: Victoria (800 Viewfield Rd.) | Salary: $45 – $50k/yr
The primary focus of the Accounts Payable team member is to process payments and control expenses by receiving, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices. This includes ensuring all vendor invoices are checked for accuracy, all discounts are taken, payments are timely and that the Monk item and cost database is accurate prior to processing payment.
The Monk Office Difference:
- Competitive salary & benefits package. Benefits include: medicine, vision and dental care, counselling, massage and more!
- Environmentally conscious business practices. Feel good about where you work!
- Discounted bus passes. Spend less on your commute!
- Discount pricing on purchases at both Monk Office and Island Blue Art & Framing! From pens, to art supplies to furniture – we’ve got you!
- $25 credit for back-to-school supplies for children of employees. Take some of the stress off every year and focus on the excitement!
- Career development opportunities. We want you to grow with us!
- Company events and an active social committee. Work can be fun!
- Volunteer time-off during work hours. Do something good, on us!
- Cash Employee Referral Program. Get rewarded when you refer a successful candidate!
- Friendly & fun atmosphere with a team that respects our community & environment.
What you will bring:
- Secondary education or equivalent on the job training
- Demonstration of exceptional communication skills – written and verbal
- Thrive on managing multiple requests while maintaining productivity and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Detail oriented with well-developed organizational and time management skills
- Enjoy working collaboratively as part of a team, communicating with peers, management and 3rd parties
- Maintain a positive and helpful work attitude at all times
- Identify and share opportunities to better service our customers
- At least 3 years in an Accounts Payable role with a proven record of personal discipline and drive
What you will do:
- Assemble, review and verify invoices and cheque requests
- Prepare invoices for payment
- Flag and clarify any unusual or questionable invoice items or prices
- Enter invoices into system
- Prepare and perform cheque runs
- Post transactions to journals/ledgers
- Prepare and process EFT payments
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Maintain vendor files
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
- Produce monthly reports
- Assist with month end closing
- Maintain accurate historical records
- Maintain confidentiality of all information
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Thank you to all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.