Schedule: Full-time | Location: Victoria (800 Viewfield Rd.) | Salary: From $45k/yr
The Accounting Assistant will provide support to our Finance Team with a focus on Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
Come work with an established and vibrant company with its roots on Vancouver Island and its vision in the workplace of the future! Monk Office is an award-winning business with over 70 years of commitment and expertise to our communities, customers and environment.
The Monk Office Difference:
- Competitive salary & benefits package. Benefits include: medicine, vision and dental care, counselling, massage and more!
- Environmentally conscious business practices. Feel good about where you work!
- Discounted bus passes. Spend less on your commute!
- Discount pricing on purchases at both Monk Office and Island Blue Art & Framing! From pens, to art supplies to furniture – we’ve got you!
- $25 credit for back-to-school supplies for children of employees. Take some of the stress off every year and focus on the excitement!
- Career development opportunities. We want you to grow with us!
- Company events and an active social committee. Work can be fun!
- Volunteer time-off during work hours. Do something good, on us!
- Cash Employee Referral Program. Get rewarded when you refer a successful candidate!
- Friendly & fun atmosphere with a team that respects our community & environment.
What you will bring:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in administration or accounting
- Project work and change implementation an asset
- Excellent accounting / number and computer skills
- An eye for detail, accuracy and deadlines: follow-up and follow-through are important
- Professionalism and strong customer service, written and verbal communications skills
- Commitment to contributing to and participating in Monk Office’s sustainable initiatives
- A team player, with a “can-do” attitude
- High energy and desire to contribute to the business
- High level of confidentiality
What you will do:
- Provide support to the Finance Team, with a particular focus on Accounts Receivable and Payables
- Distribute and open incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail
- Record and deposit cheques
- Receive, maintain and file payments and receipts
- Assist with the distribution of monthly customer account statements
- Communicate with various internal contacts to obtain approvals
- Answer customer inquiries regarding their account with Monk Office
- Focus on the timely collection of AR accounts, contacting overdue customers for payments
- Provide vacation coverage to the Accounts Receivable and Payable Coordinators
- File, compile and distribute regular sales reports as requested
- Complete accounting functions such as monitoring cash deposits, summarizing sales and pay-outs, processing journal entries, verifying bank transactions
- Assist with other duties, projects and assignments as required
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us how you’ve created an amazing customer experience!
Thank you to all applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.